The Jesus dela Peña Chapel (also known as the San Isidro de Labrador Church) was built by the Society of Jesus in 1630. It was here where the first Catholic Mass in Marikina was held. Its establishment marked the beginning of the recorded history of Marikina, once a vast mountainous area traversed by the Marikina River.
The chapel was designed in Neo-Romanesque style as indicated by the arched openings and light façade. In its early designs, the chapel had a row of monolithic columns used for support and decoration, a common feature for Roman and early Christian architecture.
Jesús dela Peña Chapel
62 Zamora (1804)Marikina City